Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve this cake drizzled with caramel sauce (Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping goes well with this cake) and whipped cream, it's moist, rich and so delicious, and even better made a day ahead!
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- whipped cream
- caramel topping
- Set oven to 350° (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease and flour a 12-inch Bundt pan (shake out excess flour).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl.
- Add a medium bowl, beat or whisk the molasses, sugar, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in 1 cup boiling water and oil, then the dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until cake test done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert to a plate to cool completely.
- Serve slices of cake drizzled with caramel topping and a dollup of whipped cream.