Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Tasty BBQ sauce for Grilling
- 88.74 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 22.18 ml molasses (regular or robust, not blackstrap)
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml minced serrano chili pepper, with seeds
- 7.39 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a 1- 1 1/2 qt heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a brisk boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Reduce to about 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Use as any Basting Barbeque sauce.
- Great with pork or chicken.
- NOTE: I was informed that a "Brisk Simmer" for the time alotted did not obtain the results quoted so I changed it to a "Brisk Boil" as suggested. Thank you for the review.
This is really nice sauce. It thickens beautifully. It did take more than 3 minutes to reduce it to a half cup. I think "brisk simmer" was suposed to be brisk boil, which is what gave me the desired results. Thanks for posting this.