Recipe by Johnney
Tasty BBQ sauce for Grilling
Top Review by ~SwoR~
This is really nice sauce. It thickens beautifully. It did take more than 3 minutes to reduce it to a half cup. I think "brisk simmer" was suposed to be brisk boil, which is what gave me the desired results. Thanks for posting this.
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses (regular or robust, not blackstrap)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano chili pepper, with seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a 1- 1 1/2 qt heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a brisk boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Reduce to about 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Use as any Basting Barbeque sauce.
- Great with pork or chicken.
- NOTE: I was informed that a "Brisk Simmer" for the time alotted did not obtain the results quoted so I changed it to a "Brisk Boil" as suggested. Thank you for the review.