Recipe by Ambervim
I got this from a good friend who raves about it! The original recipe used it on pork kebabs. Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses (regular or robust, not blackstrap)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh serrano peppers (1 or 2) or 1 tablespoon other small hot green chili pepper, including seeds (1 or 2)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all sauce ingredients in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan and briskly simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 3-10 minutes. Transfer sauce to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.