Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthier version of the ginger cookie. I find these a bit dry, but I'm willing to trade a little dryness for a whole heap of unnecessary calories. You can tweak it where you like.
- 1 1⁄4 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mixed spice (nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon etc)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk egg white a little, then mix in applesauce, sugar and egg white.
- Add in the maple syrup and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Mix the flour into the wet mixture.
- Either roll out and use a cookie cutter or place scooped tablespoons onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with marmalade, butter, jam, maple syrup, cream.