Dedicated to my fellow ginger addicts. The time on this is a little up in the air, really. Depends on how much time you want to spend taking out your frustrations on those poor limes.
- Juice the limes. You should wind up with about 1/4 cup of juice. Reserve the juiced halves.
- In a bowl, mash the lime halves, juice, rum, mint, sugar, and ginger with a spoon or masher of choice.
- Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes, and then strain into a bowl. Discard the solids.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice, 1/2 cup rum mixture and 1/2 cup club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
I knew when I got to my friend's house, that my friend Liz would be the right person to serve this to as she adores ginger. She thought the warmth of the ginger contrasting with the coolness of the mint was really nice. Did use a little less sugar for her. Nicely done recipe. Now off to make her some of the others I had on the tour. Thanks. Made for ZWT4.
Ok, I was a little worried about how I would like the ginger, but it was so good! I didn't mince the ginger - it was more of a rough chop, lol. I got just a hint of the ginger flavor which was perfect with the mint! Fabulous! Thanks Annisette! Made for the Babes of ZWT4.