Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the "New Drinks of Summer" from the Philly Inquirer's food section. Note the syrup recipe is for more than one serving and time is only the drink.
- 2 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ginger syrup
- 5 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb gingerroot, peeled and 1/4-inch cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint and ginger syrup.
- Add Vodka, juice and ice. Shake.
- Sugar the rim of a highball glass, add ice and strain in mix.
- Garnish with lemon and mint.
- Cook the ginger and water in med saucepan for 15 minutes then add sugar and stir until dissolved. Turn off heat and cool completely. Strain.
Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! I am in a very good mood after having had a nice tall glass of this stuff. We actually own a cocktail shaker, which has only been previously used to make iced coffee. Iced coffee no longer, this is my new favorite summer quencher! The ginger syrup itself it outstanding, I mixed some into a little stir-fry with some soy sauce, talk about a versatile recipe! I used my own homemade lemon vodka, I think next time I'm going to try it with my own mint vodka. I thank you for an excellent drink, and my husband thanks you for my excellent mood!