Recipe by drhousespcatcher
One of the "New Drinks of Summer" from the Philly Inquirer's food section. Note the syrup recipe is for more than one serving and time is only the drink.
Top Review by Mirj
Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! I am in a very good mood after having had a nice tall glass of this stuff. We actually own a cocktail shaker, which has only been previously used to make iced coffee. Iced coffee no longer, this is my new favorite summer quencher! The ginger syrup itself it outstanding, I mixed some into a little stir-fry with some soy sauce, talk about a versatile recipe! I used my own homemade lemon vodka, I think next time I'm going to try it with my own mint vodka. I thank you for an excellent drink, and my husband thanks you for my excellent mood!
- 2 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ginger syrup
- 5 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb gingerroot, peeled and 1/4-inch cubed
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint and ginger syrup.
- Add Vodka, juice and ice. Shake.
- Sugar the rim of a highball glass, add ice and strain in mix.
- Garnish with lemon and mint.
- Cook the ginger and water in med saucepan for 15 minutes then add sugar and stir until dissolved. Turn off heat and cool completely. Strain.