Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
A lovely tea cookie. Contains powdered and crystallized ginger and fresh mint. I got the idea for these from another lovely tea cookie on the Epicurious website: orange shortbread with chocolate chips.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced
- Mix dry ingredients (except sugar) in medium mixing bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar, candied ginger and fresh mint in bowl of electric mixer.
- Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Add whipping cream and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix slowly until it just holds together.
- Roll dough into a log and slice off rounds.
- Arrange rounds on parchment paper on cookie sheet, sprinkle each cookie with granulated sugar and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 14 minutes--just until the edges turn golden.