Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Gourmet, from the Internet. Something to rival hot chocolate. .and good if you have extra ginger around.
- Bring the water and ginger to a boil in a small pot. Once it is boiling, turn off the heat.
- Stir in tea and cover. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk and sugar, and add more sugar if needed.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large (6-cup) blender, discarding the solids.
- Blend the mixture until foamy (use caution when blending hot liquids), then pour into mugs. Serve immediately.
Oh Manda, this is great. I happen to love the taste of ginger and this fit the bill. I had seen Loof's photo and review on My 3 Chefs and knew I had to try it. The only think I did differant was use splenda instead of sugar, and ginger loose tea that I had purchased on a trip to Thailand. It truly is amazing. Thanks so much for a recipe I'll be using often.
This is amazing! I just loved everything about this tea. I used teabags instead of loose tea and didn't use the optional whipped cream. Such a sweet, soothing, delicious drink - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs, November 2009