Recipe by Barb G.
Spice up summer's bounty of melons with this delightful ginger-flavored sauce. The recipe comes from Weight Watchers. Points value-2
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups watermelon, chunks,seeded
- 1⁄4 medium cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar, ginger, cloves, and allspice in a small saucepan;bring to a boil, Recuce heat and simmer until sugar disloves, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat;cover and chill at least 30 minutes, (note; this sauce can be prepared a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator).
- Divide watermelon, cantaloupe and blueberries evenly among 6 dessert dishes: spoon about 1 tablespoon of sauce over each and serve, Enjoy.