1/22 Photos of Ginger Me up Chicken! Low Fat Honey & Ginger Chicken Breasts
1 hr 5 mins
French Tart's Note:
This is a recipe I have been making for yonks now.....I first devised it about 18 years ago, when I was following Rosemary Connely's "Hip & Thigh Diet"!! It's a very easy low fat chicken dish, which can be pan fried or baked in the oven - I prefer the latter method, it's much easier! Serve it with a medley of gently steamed vegetables, rice or pasta. (NB: PLEASE note, one of the reviewers has stated that she cooked this in a crockpot!! I would NEVER suggest cooking this recipe in a crockpot, that's why it is NOT mentioned as a cooking method ANYWHERE in the recipe - only pan-fried or oven baked. Thanks! )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon freshly ground gingerroot
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F.
- 2Select a sturdy oven dish - preferably non-stick.
- 3Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- 4Mix the honey, mustard, water, ginger & crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
- 5Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them.
- 6Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 7Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken.
- 8Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.
- 9To pan fry, heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts - dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of colour and add the cooking sauce, mix well and cook for about 20- 30 minutes over a medium heat.
- 10Serve as before.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Me up Chicken! Low Fat Honey & Ginger Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 180.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g