Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When your hands and feet get chilled, this aromatic massage oil will stimulate the cirulatory system and counter inflammation. Pour 1 tsp. into a small bowl and microwave on high 5-6 seconds. Massage warmed oil into cold hands and feet and leave on 1 hour before washing off. Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄3 cup almond oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 10 drops sandalwood essential oils
- Toast cloves and mustard seeds in a skillet over medium low heat 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Cool, then grind to powder in a coffee grinder.
- Transfer spice powder to a small jar with lid.
- Add almond oil, ginger, and sandalwood oiil.
- Close, shake well to combine.
I'm amazed that I hadn't gone looking for recipes like this here before, but this was just the ticket for an elderly couple here in the mobile home park (& coming from a person my age means they really are elderly)! Anyway, for some reason or other their hands & feet are almost always very cool, no matter how warm it is outside! So, I whipped this oil up for them &, although initially put off, they soon came around & it worked like a charm! Definitely something to make for them every so often! Thanks for the great idea! [Made & reviewed in the Special Event ~ Adopt a Veggie Tag!]