Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Food Network.
- 3 ounces vodka, any flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- lemons or lime twist
Ginger Syrup (use 1/2 - 1 ounce)
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh ginger, with peel about 8 ounces
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Fill a cocktail shaker or small pitcher with ice.
- Add the vodka, ginger syrup, and lime juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously, or stir, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, by the time the shaker mists up the drink is ready.)
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add twist and serve.
- Ginger Syrup:.
- Remove the outer peel of the lemon with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include too much of the bitter white pith. Finely chop the lemon peel and ginger in a food processor.
- Transfer the lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.