Recipe by justcallmetoni
Credit for the original recipe goes to Jorge Navarro, the chef-owner of Café Navarro, a cozy, Caribbean-style spot in Eugene, Oregon. This particular rendition includes my improvisations based on taste and ingredient availability.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
Toni, this is such a wonderful recipe! The Marmalade has such a beautiful flavor of citrus and ginger! I could have drank the dressing.... I let the Chicken marinate for a good 24 hours and I grilled it on the outside grill instead of using the broiler. This is one of my new favorite salad recipes! Thanks toni! *Zaar World Tour 3*
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 89.90 ml orange marmalade
- 28.39 ml apricot jam
- 36.97 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 118.29 ml roasted red pepper, cut into strips, 1 tablespoon liquid reserved
- 24.64 ml red wine vinegar
- 1892.72 ml mixed salad greens
- 4 slice red onions, thin slices, separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on plate. Season with salt and pepper. Mix marmalade, jam, ginger, garlic and mustard in bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup marmalade mixture over chicken and turn to coat. Chill chicken and remaining marmalade mixture separately overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange chicken on broiler pan. Broil until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Cool slightly. Spread remaining marmalade mixture over chicken. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.
- Whisk oil, reserved liquid from peppers and vinegar in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add salad greens, pepper strips and chicken; toss to coat. Top salad with onions.