Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a great appetizer for an outdoor party or add some rice and assorted Asian-style vegetables to make a complete meal. From the Sunday Denver Post.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
Definately the taste IS 5 star, TRUE! I had never before used so much sesame oil in a recipe too! Is part of the unique taste, at least for me, This is a VERY enoyable, healthy recipe! OK, had a bit of trouble with the peanut sauce, TRUE! I will chalk it up to maybe was me too! Had 3/4 pound unsalted peanuts, 1/4 pound no oil unsalted macadamia nuts as had on hand today, But with the sauce I did have to play, Getting it smooth took patience and persistence DH did say, I was smart and stayed out of his way! :) Did need to add more water as with each batch, but finally did get there, The sauce taste is good and between the two make a great pair! THANKS!
- 4 lbs top sirloin steaks, thinly sliced and threaded onto wooden skewers
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb blanched unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients and spread evenly over beef skewers.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Heat olive and sesame oils in a saucepan.
- Add ginger,garlic,green onions and cook, covered, over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed red chiles and cook 30 seconds more (make sure heat is very low as chili flakes can burn easily).
- Add peanuts and soy sauce and add just enough water to cover the peanuts.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the serloin skewers 2-3 minutes per side (or to desired doneness).
- Serve skewers with dipping sauce and enjoy!