I got this marinade from a recipe for a tagine. The chicken has a wonderful flavor when cooked.
Make and share this Ginger Marinade for Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Blend salt, ginger, pepper, garlic, oil, & lemon juice in a bowl.
- Take a skewer (preferably) or sharp knife & poke several holes into the chicken.
- Rub the mixture into the chicken so that all sides are covered.
- Place chicken into a glass bowl & cover with the remaining mixture. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Cook the chicken either baked, broiled, or grilled. All are good.
I made this marinade for a bit less than 1 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken and I am not sure if it is because of not having less chicken, but the flavour turned out way too salty. I marinated for 4 hours.
Yum! Simple and oh so flavourful - you have to love this one. I made the chicken pieces on the stove top but will try it on the grill, too. Thanks for posting!
Made for Ramadan Tag 2011.
Always on the hunt for simply ways to create flavor for my healthy but dull chicken, this really delivered. The ginger combined with the pepper gave this a spicy flair without too much heat. That married just perfectly with the sweet peppers and pineapple that I used in my kebobs. Made for the Safari Supper Club Summer Spectacular.