Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet/Spicy fruit topping perfect complement for Vanilla Ice Cream!
Make and share this Ginger-Maple Apples in Syrup w/ Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
For the Simple Sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled
For the Topping
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 apples, cut into bite sized pieces
- ------Forthe Simple Sugar-------.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add ginger and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and ginger.
- infuses syrup, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out ginger.
- Yield: 3/4 cup ginger syrup.
- -------Forthe Topping-------.
- Cut 1 apple into small/bite-size pieces.
- Put apple pieces and ginger syrup in small saucepan over Low to Medium heat.
- Add maple syrup Heat, stirring often, until apples are tender, but not mushy.
- Spoon warm apples and syrup over vanilla ice cream.