Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this as a mouth-watering topping for pork, chicken or fish.
- 1 medium fuji apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat fat or oil in cast iron skillet over med-low heat. Saute apple, onion, garlic, walnuts, and raisins for several minutes until onion becomes translucent. Add spices. Add syrup, a spoonful at a time, stirring frequently until hot and well-blended. Eat with a spoon or serve with meat or fish.