Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe was posted in one of my many cooking magazines. The recipe is from Jenny Humphries of Ocean View, Hawaii.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 c confectioners sugar until blended. Beat in lemon peel and lemon extract. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in nuts and ginger. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; place 2" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners sugar. Cool on wire rack. When cooled roll cookies in confectioners sugar again.