Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
this crisp does not use oatmeal, the macadamias give it a nice crunch. serve this with ice cream, whipped cream, or all by itself.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled,cored,sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- preheat the oven to 400.
- in a food processor pulse the flour and brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
- add the butter and pulse until it's the size of small peas.
- add macadamias and pulse once or twice until well mixed, set aside.
- this can also be mixed by hand.
- in a large bowl mix apples, crystallized ginger, sugar, zest and lime juice.
- spread mixture into a 3 quart baking dish.
- cover with topping, bake for 50 minutes until bubbling, and top is golden.
- let it cool for 30 minutes.
This is an exceptional taste treat!! Not too sweet, and the crystallized ginger is amazing!
Oh Man, this is good! I used a combination of apples from a fruit bowl. The crystallized ginger and macadamia nuts make it extra special.