Recipe by Podkayne
It's log! It's log! It's long, it's brown and it's round! Cook time is chill time.
- 7 ounces gingersnaps
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the cream and divide into two portions.
- Divide the pineapple into two portions. Chop one portion finely.
- Mix the finely-chopped pineapple into half of the crean.
- Place the sherry in a saucer. Dip each cookie briefly in sherry and sandwich with the pineapple-flavored cream to make a log.
- Place the log on a serving dish and cover with remaining cream.
- Use a fork to lift the cream into peaks.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and decorate with remaining pineapple chunks before serving.