Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing Caribbean drink from Trinidad.
- 236.59 ml minced ginger
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 236.59 ml sugar (to taste)
- chilled water or Sprite, to mix
- mint leaf, for garnish
- Mix the 1 cup of water with the ginger and squeeze through a strainer to get ginger concentrate.
- Add sugar and lime juice.
- Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. (If you like it sweeter you can add more, to taste, at this point.).
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate. Chill well.
- When ready to serve, add a teaspoonful of concentrate to chilled water or sprite and mix well.
- Serve garnished with a mint leaf.
This recipe is wonderful! We love ginger and dont' think it is overly gingery. We keep a bottle of this concentrate in our refrigerator at all times. When preparing the actual drink, we follow the recipe but use Fresca instead of Sprite. The grapefruit tastes so goooood with the ginger/lime. And like another reviewer said - we sometimes add some rum or vodka to the drink. Another good use - We add a small squirt to our yogurt/pineapple/papaya smoothie in the mornings. Sometimes, I add a splash to my mango/pineapple relish over seared ahi. YUM!!!
Yum! I love ginger and, like Engrossed, added more concentrate to water over ice. Thanks, I really enjoyed it and will be making more. I made 1/2 a recipe. Made for the Healthier Choices ABC game.
Was looking for something to drink on a hot humid Friday night in Florida and found your recipe. The flavors were very good but just a little too much ginger for our taste. I will repeat the recipe but maybe try just adding a few tablespoons of ginger while blending. I keep my ginger in the freezer which makes it grate very nicely, no stringiness. Of course, I forgot to mention that we were using vodka instead of Sprite. That might have had something to do with it. Thanks for posting.