Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light
- 6 cups cold water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons grated lime rind
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, ginger, rind, and mint leaves in a blender, and process until well blended.
- Cover; chill for 2 hours.
- Add remaining 5 3/4 cups water and juice; stir to combine. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
This was refreshing and was a extra boost to my typical limeade. I think I misunderstood the directions, I used the entire rind, not just the zest. The entire rind gave it a little bitterness.