Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe by Nathalie Dupree that is in one of her cookbooks "Comfortable Entertaining". Sounds easy and delectable. Placing it here for safe keeping and easy access.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup lime butter, recipe follows
- 1 (9 ounce) packagethin swedish gingersnaps, large size
- candied ginger, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 grated limes, peel (be careful to not use white pith as this adds bitterness)
- 3 limes, juice of
- Whip cream just until it forms soft peaks.
- Gently fold together the lime butter and the whipped cream. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the whipped cream mixture on each gingersnap. Stack them together to make a 14-inch log and lay it on its side on a serving platter.
- Frost the log with the remaining whipped cream.
- Chill 4 - 6 hours, or cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- If frozen, thaw in refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- To serve garnish with the candied ginger and slice the roll at a 45-degree angle.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Lime Butter:.
- Place the sugar, butter, eggs, flour, lime peel, and lime juice in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat, without boiling, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- NOTE: Use as sauce or icing. Will keep almost indefinitely covered in the refrigerator.