Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very good on the grill, can also be made with swordfish and halibut steaks. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- lime wedge, if desired
- If fish steaks are large, cut into 6 serving pieces.
- In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable plastic food-storage bag, mix remaining ingredients except lime wedges. Add fish, turn to coat.
- Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate, turning fish once, for at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove fish from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Cover and grill fish about 4 inches from medium heat 11 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is slightly pink in center.
- Discard any remaining marinade. Serve with lime wedges.