Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
My husband won't eat fish unless its Tilapia, so I've had to find ways to make it interesting. This is my favorite variation I've done so far. I generally serve this with fresh snow peas or green beans splashed with teriyaki sauce.
- 12 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix together the lime zest, ginger, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle mixture on both sides of each tilapia filet.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the fish filets to the pan and cook on medium-high for 4 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle finished filets with lime juice.
Tagged for Paprika ~ September 2008 Herb/Spice of the Month in the Gardening Forum ~ The combination of fresh ginger, smoked paprika, lime, and red pepper flakes was really tasty ~ I sprinkled each side of the tilapia with garlic salt instead of garlic powder. My tilapia stuck to the iron skillet (chef's fault) so I may bake it next time! Thanks M&A for posting ~