Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make, easy cleanup. This is from the Reynolds Cooking with Foil cookbook. It says to use Reynolds Wrap Release non-stick foil, but if not spray foil with non-stick spray before grilling.
- 6 bone in chicken pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and flattened with a knife
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced green and white parts separated
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine: soy sauce, lime peel, lime juice, garlic, scallion whites, ginger and honey in a heavy saucepan, stir until honey is dissolved.
- Spoon half of this marinade of chicken in a baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, turning twice.
- Poke drainage holes heavy duty foil and set aside.
- Add sugar to remaining marinade to create glaze.
- Heat to boiling on medium high
- Reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until glaze is thick and syrupy.
- Let glaze cool and reserve 1/2 cup for serving.
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Place foil with holes on grill.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Brush sesame oil on both sides of chicken and place skin side down on foil.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on both sides, brushing both sides with glaze.
- Continue grilling and basting 6 to 8 minutes until skin is dark golden brown, juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 170*F for breasts and 180*F for other pieces.
- Discard leftover basting glaze.
- Remove chicken from foil, drizzle remaining glaze over chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion greens.
This is yummy! I did cut the recipe down to 2 pieces of chicken. This has a nice sweet Asian flavor to it. This is a restaurant worthy dish. Very easy to prepare and the directions were spot on. I served it with Crispy Ginger Slaw and Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes. Made a wonderful dinner. Thanks for posting. :)