1/1 Photo of Ginger Lime Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Easy to make, easy cleanup. This is from the Reynolds Cooking with Foil cookbook. It says to use Reynolds Wrap Release non-stick foil, but if not spray foil with non-stick spray before grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bone in chicken pieces
- 1 3/4 cups soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and flattened with a knife
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced green and white parts separated
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Combine: soy sauce, lime peel, lime juice, garlic, scallion whites, ginger and honey in a heavy saucepan, stir until honey is dissolved.
- 2Spoon half of this marinade of chicken in a baking dish.
- 3Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, turning twice.
- 4Poke drainage holes heavy duty foil and set aside.
- 5Add sugar to remaining marinade to create glaze.
- 6Heat to boiling on medium high
- 7Reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until glaze is thick and syrupy.
- 8Let glaze cool and reserve 1/2 cup for serving.
- 9Preheat grill to medium high
- 10Place foil with holes on grill.
- 11Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- 12Brush sesame oil on both sides of chicken and place skin side down on foil.
- 13Cook chicken 5 minutes on both sides, brushing both sides with glaze.
- 14Continue grilling and basting 6 to 8 minutes until skin is dark golden brown, juices run clear or a meat thermometer reads 170*F for breasts and 180*F for other pieces.
- 15Discard leftover basting glaze.
- 16Remove chicken from foil, drizzle remaining glaze over chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion greens.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Lime Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7041.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 78.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: