Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and potato in a large bowl; toss well.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and next 7 ingredients (sugar through pepper); cook 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Pour over potato mixture; toss well. Spoon mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 55 minutes or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes.
I'm rating this on my view only since DH nor DD had anything nice to say, but then again neither of them like sweet potatoes so it was a losing battle to begin with... I liked these very much. The combo of flavors was wonderful with the slightly sweet from the potatoes. I used 5 spice instead of ginger because I was out. I served it with baked chicken and fresh greenbeans. Thanks for submitting.
The flavors blend quite well and make a good combination. I think that the cover should be lifted for the last 10 minutes of baking time.