Recipe by *Z*
This was in a newsletter that my DH got from work. I haven't made it yet but it sounds good. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon steaks (4) or 2 1⁄2 lbs tuna steaks, 1 inch thick (4)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ziptop bag, combine salad dressing, lime juice, maple syrup, ginger, soy sauce and lime zest.
- Add salmon.
- carefully squeeze out the excess air and seal the bag.
- Put the bag in a large baking dish (to catch any leaks) and marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionaly for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove tuna.
- Discard the marinade.
- Grill or broil the salmon until it flakes, about 10 minutes.