Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Crazy Sista Cookbook by Lulu Buffet. This is a great dressing, it keeps well, and is also yummy over blackened grouper or on a grilled shrimp salad. Can also be used as a great marinade for grilling chicken or fish. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, finlely minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or plastic container.
- Shake well until dressing is combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shake well before serving.
- Keeps well in refrigerator.
Made for Spring 2010 PAC Wow, this is good, but boy oh boy is it tart. I had to add an extra tsp fine sugar to get it to my taste. I served it on a salad of grilled shrimp over baby and field greens, and orange bell pepper. BTW, you don't have to buy fine sugar for this, I just put regular sugar in my spice grinder and it turned into a fine sugar right away.