Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I threw this together to have something fancy to serve with the Wasabi-encrusted tofu I made last night. Turned out great!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (or more to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in wok. Add rice, onion, ginger, turmeric and almonds and cook until onion is translucent and rice begins to brown.
- Combine rice mixture with broth and lime juice and cook according to your rice cooker's instructions. (You can also cook this in a large saucepan on the stove--just cover and cook at a simmer until rice is tender and all broth is absorbed).
- Toss will mint and serve.