Recipe by Dib's
I love any kind of prawn or shrimp-this is quick, easy and excellent.
Top Review by JustJanS
We loved this, though we used raw prawn meat, halved the butter, and used the juice from our (expensive) lime. We served the prawns over rice, and had Asian greens on the side. This was great with an Australian Chardonnay!
- 2 lbs fresh prawns
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 medium onion, grated fine (I whirl to juice in the processor)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, minced
- 2 green chilies, minced (hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein the prawns.
- Evenly thread on 8 skewers.
- Leave onion "juice" in the processor and add remaining ingredients.
- Whirl to smooth.
- Spread paste on prawns, both sides and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- At this point you can place under a preheated broiler for 3 minutes on each side or on the grill, same amount of time.
- Cooking time is aproximate-depends on the size of your prawns.