Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love any kind of prawn or shrimp-this is quick, easy and excellent.
- 2 lbs fresh prawns
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 medium onion, grated fine (I whirl to juice in the processor)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, minced
- 2 green chilies, minced (hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shell and devein the prawns.
- Evenly thread on 8 skewers.
- Leave onion "juice" in the processor and add remaining ingredients.
- Whirl to smooth.
- Spread paste on prawns, both sides and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- At this point you can place under a preheated broiler for 3 minutes on each side or on the grill, same amount of time.
- Cooking time is aproximate-depends on the size of your prawns.
We loved this, though we used raw prawn meat, halved the butter, and used the juice from our (expensive) lime. We served the prawns over rice, and had Asian greens on the side. This was great with an Australian Chardonnay!
Very good! I used peanut oil instead of canola and red pepper flakes instead of hot green chili peppers. I also marinaded for 24 hours. They came out incredibly tender after grilling them. I think that's b/c of the long marinading time. I served them with spicy cilantro dipping sauce #121779, whick I highly recomend. Everyone was moaning while eating them. And they all asked for the recipe. I love that! That's why it gets 5 stars inspite of my changes. Thanks for making me look so good!