Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
So simple, but it looks so good! This would be lovely for a holiday brunch buffet table.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups fresh pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the ground ginger. Stir in the pears, crystallized ginger and lime juice; set aside.
- Pour the butter into an ungreased 11 by 7 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lime zest, salt and ginger. Stir in milk.
- Pour over butter, but do not stir. Spoon pear mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This was lovely - the flavours were a perfect match!
Reviewed this for ZWT3. I loved this cobbler, it was easy to make and came out of the oven just as promised - bubbling and golden. The sugar had caramelised and made a fabulous sauce. The lime and ginger helped cut through the sweetness. I served it with fromage frais, a little fresh lime set and a mint sprig. Next time I make this I will add a bit more ginger and lime as I can't get enough of those flavours!