Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Light but substantial enough for supper. This is a Cait Johnson recipe that I have not tried yet but it sounded sooo good, I had to post for future use.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (or fresh flat-leaf parsley)
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce (or soy)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas (sugar peas or asparagas-2 inch pieces, can be used)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 12 ounces udon noodles (can use rice or linguini noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, ginger, tamari, lime juice, cilantro and pepper flakes, in a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tofu and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook noodles as directed on package.
- Add snow peas to soup. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add sesame oil. Taste for salt.(optional).
- Drain noodles and mound in 4 bowls. Top with tofu.
- Pour hot soup on top.
- Add sesame seeds and fresh cilantro (as desired).