Happy Harry #2's Note:
Light but substantial enough for supper. This is a Cait Johnson recipe that I have not tried yet but it sounded sooo good, I had to post for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (or fresh flat-leaf parsley)
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce (or soy)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas (sugar peas or asparagas-2 inch pieces, can be used)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 12 ounces udon noodles (can use rice or linguini noodles)
- 1Combine broth, ginger, tamari, lime juice, cilantro and pepper flakes, in a soup pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Add tofu and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile cook noodles as directed on package.
- 5Add snow peas to soup. Simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Add sesame oil. Taste for salt.(optional).
- 7Drain noodles and mound in 4 bowls. Top with tofu.
- 8Pour hot soup on top.
- 9Add sesame seeds and fresh cilantro (as desired).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Lime Noodle Broth With Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 3301.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: