1/2 Photos of Ginger Lime Glazed Salmon
A delicious glaze for salmon. It's not necessary to marinate in advance. This makes a modest amount of sauce/glaze. Should you desire more to serve over rice, increase the amounts but add after removing the fillets from the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, minced and crushed
- 1 fresh Thai red chili peppers (or more to taste) or 1 jalapeno chile 1/2 cayenne, chopped (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce or 2 tablespoons asian oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Grind together the ginger, chile pepper, garlic and sugar in a mortar and pestle to get a coarse paste. Transfer paste to a bowl and add fish sauce, lime juice, Sriracha and water; mix to combine. Season with salt; set aside. (This may be done in a small food processor bowl or blender.) This sauce will be divided.
- 2Dry with paper toweling and season salmon with salt. Pour over the fillets 4 tablespoons sauce, turning to coat. Set aside the remaining sauce.
- 3Heat oil in a non-stick skillet. When hot, add the salmon fillets and the sauce used for coating; cook over moderate heat. (Don't add more otherwise you will 'boil' the fillets instead of glazing.) Turn fillets over so that both sides are cooked, scooping glaze over top. Continue to cook until it carmelizes, coating the salmon. Remove the fillets then immediately add to the hot pan the reserved sauce mixture, simmering until it becomes golden and thick. Pour over reserved fillets.
- 4Serve with white or jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Lime Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: