- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetables or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill cabbage, carrots, onions and cilantro.
- Combine and wisk lime juice, sugar, oil, ginger, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper (optional) in a small bowl.
- Place all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Refrigerate salad 10 minutes before serving.