Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light, non-mayonnaise based, slaw that's a little different than the ordinary cole slaw. It's especially good when paired with bbq food or fish and chips.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetables or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chill cabbage, carrots, onions and cilantro.
- Combine and wisk lime juice, sugar, oil, ginger, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper (optional) in a small bowl.
- Place all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Refrigerate salad 10 minutes before serving.
Wonderful recipe! Served with grilled halibut. I used 1/4 of fresh jalepeno, finely minced, instead of red pepper flakes. This is my new favorite coleslaw. Thanks!
Used green and red cabbage, and shredded a carrot instead of cutting them into matchsticks. No cilantro for me, as it tastes like soap, but I did use a bit of flat-leaf parsley. Also added a 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil to the dressing mix. Very nice! And it'll go very well with my pulled pork sliders for dinner tonight. Thanks!
Awesome slaw recipe!