Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light, non-mayonnaise based, slaw that's a little different than the ordinary cole slaw. It's especially good when paired with bbq food or fish and chips.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetables or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chill cabbage, carrots, onions and cilantro.
- Combine and wisk lime juice, sugar, oil, ginger, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper (optional) in a small bowl.
- Place all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Refrigerate salad 10 minutes before serving.
Used green and red cabbage, and shredded a carrot instead of cutting them into matchsticks. No cilantro for me, as it tastes like soap, but I did use a bit of flat-leaf parsley. Also added a 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil to the dressing mix. Very nice! And it'll go very well with my pulled pork sliders for dinner tonight. Thanks!
Awesome slaw recipe!
This is an awesome slaw recipe!! Easy too! I've seen this exact one on several different websites and decided to rate and review if from here to get it some ratings and maybe others will try it too!!! I made this almost exactly as directed, except I cheated and bought a bag of pre shredded slaw mix with both green, red and carrots. The only other change I made was I grated up one clove of garlic into to dressing. It was over the top GOOD!!! Will be in my favorites category and made often!! We used it as a topping for Korean tacos and as a side, and DH loved it just as much or more as I did!