Recipe by gailanng
Lemongrass paste may be substituted and can be found in your grocer's produce department. Once you're turned onto lemongrass, you will look every which way to incorporate this wonderful ingredient into your meal planning.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in . pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped (ends trimmed, tough outer leaves removed, tender white core chopped)
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 green onion tops, cut into 1 1/2-in . lengths
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 wooden skewers, presoaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl of food processor, place canola oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, lemongrass, ginger and garlic cloves. Process until lemon grass is chopped fully, about 3 minute Transfer to glass bowl. Add chicken thighs to bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours, or overnight, or up to 2 days.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill. On skewers, thread chicken pieces and scallions, alternating. Place on grill and cook, turning once, until chicken is firm and opaque, about 6 - 8 minute per side. Plate on serving platter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.