Sharon Shiner's Note:
This is a great way to use up beets. I developed this soup for a client of mine, and topped it with grilled shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh lemongrass, trimmed to the middle white part, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced or grated on microplane)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch beet, peeled and chopped (~6 medium beets)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon grass, ginger, salt, pepper and coriander to the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minutes.
- 3Add beets and vegetable or chicken broth to Dutch oven; bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until beets are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Allow soup to cool, then process in a food processor, or with an immersion stick blender until smooth.
- 5Stir in cilantro and lime zest and juice; check for seasonings and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Lemongrass Beet Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: