Refreshing summer drink, good for tea time, too! From the Betty Crocker website several years ago. Take advantage of lemons on sale and enjoy a sip on a spring afternoon!
- Mix sugar water and gingerroot in an 8 quart heavy pan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes. Remove gingerroot.
- Pour sugar mixture into a pitcher or large glass or plastic container.
- Stir in lemon juice and refrigerate at least on hour until chilled.
- Serve over ice garnished with lemon slices.
- I'm not sure of the number of servings. I've halved this and served it at tea attended by 9 and had plenty.
- Cooking time is chilling time.