I found this recipe while looking at recipes for cold and flu remedies. It looks good but I hope that I don't have to use it. ;-)
- Combine first four ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger and lemon strips and discard them.
- Place tea bags in a teapot and immediately add simmering water mixture.
- Cover and let steep according to package directions.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
- Serve immediately.