Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe while looking at recipes for cold and flu remedies. It looks good but I hope that I don't have to use it. ;-)
- 6 cups water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 8 pieces lemon peel, strips (about 2-1/2 x 1 inch each)
- 6 green tea bags
- lemon slice (optional)
- Combine first four ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove ginger and lemon strips and discard them.
- Place tea bags in a teapot and immediately add simmering water mixture.
- Cover and let steep according to package directions.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
- Serve immediately.
I'm not waiting for a cold or flu to drink this tea. I'll drink it anytime! Delicious with just the right amount of sugar. I halved the recipe and cut back on the lemon peel thinking I could always add the juice of the lemon if needed. It was just right for me without additional lemon. The ginger, lemon and tea flavours are wonderful together. Thank you for posting this, Chicagopm!