Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You might try adding pineapple chunks to this. Serve with rice.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (use fresh!)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 6 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb of sliced snow peas (don't even think about using frozen here!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a wok and add the onion. Cook 2 minutes then add the broccoli and tofu.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, snow peas and water chestnuts. Add the sauce mixture and toss to combine.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, or until hot. Serve hot.
this didnt turn out for me very well. the sauce got so thick it was like gelitan and i ended up adding a lot more lemon juice and water, anything to thin it out a little. the flavor was a little bland for our liking also. i added salt and more soy sauce but it didnt do much. so we ended up with bland goopy veggies. maybe 2T of starch was too much. it was ok while it was hot but i saved some for the next day and it was like jello. we didnt use rice and maybe that would have cut down on the slime factor or at least absorbed it. hopefully this recipe works better for the rest of you.