Recipe by princess7
Another delicious twist on one of my favorites
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Made this for PAC Spring 2007 -- Oh wow, these were good!! I think I like these even better than traditional s'mores! I used Anna's Ginger Thins for the cookies, and Dickinson's Lemon Curd. I was at work (as usual), and didn't have access to any open flame other than a lab burner (ick), so I put the marshmallows on half of the cookies, nuked for 15 seconds, then topped them with the other snaps which were spread with the lemon curd. Very nice flavor combination. Now I just have to take some of the ingredients home to get my Gram hooked on them (she loves gingersnaps, lemon AND marshmallows, so I'm sure she's gonna love them all together)! Thanks for posting!
- 24 thin gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄2 lemon curd
- 24 marshmallows (about 1 in. wide)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover 1 side of each of the 24 squares equally with the lemon curd.
- Thread 2 marshmallows onto a campfire fork or metal skewer.
- Repeat for each portion, or reuse fork or skewer.
- Hold marshmallows above heat source and turn as needed until marshmallows are golden brown on the outside and soft in the center, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lay 2 toasted marshmallows on coated side of 1 ginger snap; top with another ginger snap, coated side down.
- Hold ginger snaps together and pull fork from marshmallows.
- Repeat to make more s'mores.