1/3 Photos of Ginger & Lemon Slice
This is a very simple slice to make. It's a great everyday recipe and a slice with a cuppa is divine. It's Gluten Free but can be made also using regular wheat flour (all-purpose flour ) with success too. If you use GF flour, nobody would guess that this slice is gluten free
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 100 g caster sugar, finely ground sugar (1/2 cup)
- 25 g desiccated coconut (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon either golden syrup or 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1***SLICE BASE***.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 3Combine flour, ginger, sugar and coconut.
- 4Mix together melted butter and syrup. Then add to the dry mix. Add lightly beaten egg.
- 5Press into a well greased lamington tin or 20cm square pan(or equivelant).
- 6Bake 25-30 minutes. Less cooking time gives a light cakey slice base and more cooking time gives a crisp biscuity (cookie style base.
- 8Sift the icing sugar.
- 9Combine all remaining ingredients in another bowl.Stir all together until smooth and spread over the cooled slice base.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger & Lemon Slice
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 66.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour