I was looking for a little treat one evening and fresh out of ideas. On a lark, I wandered over to the Weight Watchers UK website and found this zippy beverage idea. Have tried it a few times and this is my revised version of the original. Though the recipe shown here serves two, you can very easily scale this up to serve as many as you like.
- Peel ginger and cut across the grain into thin slivers.
- Finely peel lemon zest from lemon, taking care to leave the bitter pith behind.
- Bring half cup of water to boil in a small saucepan. Add lemon peel and ginger to water and shut off heat. Let the brew seep for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Remove ginger and peel from the now tepid water and pour water into pitcher. Add juice from the lemon, Splenda and ice. Depending whether you want your beverage fizzy or flat add either seltzer or water.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.