Recipe by limecat
The Health Kick soup of all soups! This soup is incredibly good for colds, flus and other pesky symptoms that arise during the winter months! I cannot say enough about this soup because it is the healthiest and most tasty dish I have ever made. I love it and so will you! You can omit the coriander if it isn't your flavour, and substitute with lemongrass if you wish. If you don't want the fish, add chicken instead! Just as nice!
Top Review by matstaley
Made this with some frozen fish that I had. Loved it. Great flavor. I did add a teaspoon of Old Bay just for a little more flavor. Wife and kids loved it. So easy to make. I'll save this recipe.
- 150 g fish fillets, sliced
- 1 carrot
- 2 scallions
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 lemon, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 -2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 6-8 cups of water to boil in a large pot and add lemon slices (squeeze them into the water and then throw them in the pot).
- Add as much ginger and garlic as you can handle! the more, the better - reduce heat to low.
- Julienne (long ultra-thin slices) carrot and scallions and add to pot.
- Slice fish (or chicken if you want to substitute) into bite size pieces and add to soup mix - bring back to boil for 1-2 minute, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Variation: add fresh chilli sparingly, if you like it hot!
- Lemongrass is a wonderful additive if you have it in your pantry.