Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another packet recipe. The ginger-lemon flavor is great, I serve it with rice.
Make and share this Ginger-Lemon Chicken Packet recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 apple, cored,cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- aluminum foil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in the center of a piece of foil.
- Flatten ingredients slightly.
- Bring the sides together and fold down center, roll edges of foil in.
- Bake in the oven at 425F seam side up for 20 minutes or on a medium-hot grill for 12 minutes.
I need of a quick and easy way to prepare chicken after a long evening of errands. (No cleaning up afterwards was a bonus.) I was quickly drawn to this as I love the combination of ginger and lemon. I liked the flavor imparted to the chicken but really had some difficulty with the apple, in my case a Granny Smith. I also used light butter in lieu of the regular, a common substitution for me. Was a little worried about moisture but there was certainly plenty. The fruit really didn't work for me and detracted from the dish overall. That said, I'm thinking I would like to try this with pineapple chunks as that might work a bit better. Thank you for a culinary adventure.